Originally Posted by CNC
I guarantee you there’s a portion of it that’s coming from people shooting does because “there’s not enough bucks to breed them!!!!”……..Give this setup a couple more years and watch what happens…….Frankie called it……folks gotta learn the hard way. This will end up being no different than the 2 per day doe rule…..It wont be until another few years down the road that folks will start looking back and saying….”Hey, remember when we thought that was a good idea??”

I'm no game biologist but I can absolutely promise you, zero chance that bucks breed most of the does that come into estrous on my lease in Bullock. Not even the second time. Based on camera counts and observations, my does outnumber bucks by at lease a 8-1 margin and that's conservative. Last week I saw 15 deer at one sit (same place you tracked that one last year) including 1 buck. The other day when I shot, I had seen 9 deer including a 4pt and the 9pt. I hardly hear a shot around me. I'm watching 6 does on a plot camera right now (no corn) and no bucks. If I can kill a doe or two this weekend that will bring our total doe harvest to 6 in 2 seasons. I'm not gonna slaughter the does but I definitely need to take a few more out. Maybe then I'll stop getting pics of spotted fawns in April.

Last edited by bamaeyedoc; 01/31/24 05:53 PM.

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR