turkey hunting has always been an after thought to me that has all changed now. I had an encounter with a gobbling bird last year with a buddy of mine on public land. We were unable to seal the deal but man it was one of the most exciting hunts I've ever been on. I went several more time after that but the birds remained silent after that one hunt. I have had turkey hunting on my mind since early January. Now that deer season is winding down and I have been getting skunked with deer I have been really getting fired up about turkeys.

I'm not sure why because I really don't know what I'm doing yet. My buddy that went with me on public land last year is going to try and get me on one on his private land that he hunts. BUT ONLY ONE he has stressed to me.

The rest of the season I will be on public land which is fine because I have Autauga WMA, Lowndes WMA, and Yates WMA all with in an hour drive of my house. If I want to drive a little farther I can easily get to Coosa WMA, Talladega NF/Oakmulgee, and Tuskeegee NF. I also have my cargo trailer that I can camp out of and can make a few trips across the state.

I've been watching every thing I can on Youtube and reading everything I can on this forum and others. I may not have another encounter like I did last year but I'm gonna do everything I can to try and get another shot at one.

As far as gear I don't have a turkey vest but. I have a box call, 2 slate calls that i keep in a fanny pack. I have a 12 gauge shotgun that I'm borrowing from a friend.
Im gonna try and start scouting in mid-march.