Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by JustHunt
Originally Posted by marshmud991

I’m still amazed that Texas hasn’t run out of deer yet!! You know if corn is depleted the deer population in Alabama. Heck even with kill em all mentality in Louisiana,we still have a large population of deer and corn has been legal for as long as I can remember.

Texas doesn’t allow the slaughter of does like we do in this state. We allow you to corn all you want and sit at that feeder and shoot a doe every day you sit at the feeder. My complaint in all of this is leave the season dates alone. If there is any changes that need to be made it is do away with corn or have doe days implemented again in the areas that are suffering with deer numbers.

Had to edit to add that even your kill em all Louisiana has limits on the amount of does you can kill. We don’t. Corn has helped aid in every swinging d### putting on camo and sitting at a feeder. So now we are where we are.

You can shoot does in Texas.

Most hunters CHOOSE not to do it.

Yes you sure can shoot does in Texas. I never said you couldn’t. They just don’t allow the slaughter of them like we do. It ain’t a choice the hunters make. It’s the law

Last edited by JustHunt; 01/27/24 06:18 PM.