Originally Posted by daylate
Originally Posted by JustHunt
Originally Posted by CNC
I think our potential is sold way short……However, nothing that has been said has been about trying to grow trophy midwest deer……Its been about rule changes that have created piss poor herd dynamics, an over harvesting of bucks, and minimal populations across big swaths of the state. Expectations seem to be kept low in our state…..Dont expect much and you wont be disappointed seems to be our creed.......Just sayin, we definitely have plenty room for improvement......

You may not be talking about growing Midwest deer. But most that will follow your flawed logic believe that if we limit this and limit that it will end up being the Midwest. People don’t believe in northern genetics vs southern genetics and vast agricultural property that help these deer grow big. Leave our season alone. You talk about all these changes but dance around why you propose these changes. It’s corn. Corn is why you are even talking about all this.

I find it strange that deer hunting was much better in this state back when we could kill a buck a day and only had doe days around Christmas. So maybe I’m wrong a little. The problem we have in this state is the slaughter of does and corn. But they go hand in hand IMO

You have a choice:
A. Pull the trigger
B. Don't pull the trigger.

Corn does not force you to choose A. People choose B consistently in other baiting states. Why can't they here?

Answer: If you don't kill them, your neighbors will.

Corn just makes it easier and brings more deer to pull the trigger on.