Originally Posted by UA Hunter
CNC, what problem are you attempting to solve? If it's a population thing, manipulating doe harvests (more or less) can fix that. If it's to create larger bucks, that's a personal thing and not the states job.

We have a few problems that have been exacerbated by corn that need addressing unless we just want to have our regulations set to as crappy as they could be from a management standpoint…..I don’t think we should try and trophy manage but I also don’t think we should manage on the far other end of the spectrum either…..

The biggest issue is an over harvesting of bucks along with a further degrading of populations in what are already the worst areas. You also have a lot of north Alabama hunters who are unhappy with the Feb extension and readjusting those dates would be one step to helping alleviate some of these issues we’ve created. I agree with you that its not the states job to trophy manage but its also not their job to run it in the ground to make corn money. There needs to be some kind of balance that is struck.

We dont rent pigs