Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by JustHunt
It’s amazing to me that most ,if not all, of those in favor of limiting the dates in the season are also those putting out thousands of pounds of corn and blasting deer off their feeder. Corn is the real issue that we are facing. I drive by a house the other day out in the country. In his approximately 1 acre lot he had a feeder 100 feet out his back door. This is happening all over this state.He is killing deer out of his backyard that would have lived before corn was legalized. But because corn makes it easy no one wants to get rid of it.

95% chance he was baiting before it was legal. I've seen illegal baiting since I started hunting in the early eighties.

Corn ain't the problem.

Hunters are the problem.

This thread is proof of that fact.

100 % chance there wasn’t a feeder in his backyard til corn was legalized. Most people didn’t have corn in their yards shooting deer until it was legal.
Sure there’s always been some people baiting when it wasn’t legal. I’ve hunted all over this state since the late 80’s and I just never saw the amount of corn that some of y’all say was out there. Out of all the places I’ve hunted I’ve only seen one group that were using corn. And that was in Perry county. That place is full of outlaws anyway.
Corn was not used in the capacity it is used now. Not even remotely close. But it makes those who use corn feel better when they say that it has.