Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by Lockjaw
Originally Posted by CNC
Its the corn........

I have a different question. Right now, would you agree turkey hen's are plentiful compared to Tom's?

What would happen if we kept the Tom limit where it is, but said you could kill a hen a day during turkey season? And then what would happen if in 5 years, we changed the rules and allowed you to bait for turkeys?

Would the drop in hen kill's in year 6 be because of bait, or would it be becuase people killed a ton of them in the first 5 years of the hen a day limit?

We can't even legally kill a hen, and they have way more offspring that a doe does.

Doe days ended 25 years ago dude.......We've had liberal doe limits for a long time.......Those liberal doe limits whacked populations down to a new norm years ago compared to what we had in the 90's and early 2000's.......

Disagree. We started with a high density, and you can kill alot of doe's when your density is high. If the limit didn't matter, why did they lower it? It used to be 2 a day, now its one. And even if that reset the population, as you claim, the much lower doe density means you can't kill as many to maintain the population or increase it, it will just decrease.

That is what I am saying is happening. Between hunting, and coytote's, the doe's are taking a hit. The bucks aren't, because you can only kill 3 of them a year, legally. And then I do also agree that game check is only for the law abiding.