Originally Posted by abolt300
Milroe will either develop further this spring under Grubbs (supposedly the QB whisperer) or he’ll get passed up by others that do and passed on by the coaches and Bama will have a new starter. IMO Rees sucked as an OC and if you look at Buchner, he sucked at developing QBs. We will have to see if Grubbs can do anything with Milroe.

I’ve said all along that Milroe has all the physical tools, and I’ve also said that I think that Milroe holds the ball too long, doesn’t get the ball out quickly, and makes bad decisions. All because his brain just does not process things quickly enough to be a truly elite QB and passer. I said it in numerous posts early on and he’s done nothing to prove me wrong so far. We’ll see. Everyone is now on even footing since there will be a completely new offense, and Milroe doesn’t have the same “3 yrs already in the program advantage” in the QB room that he had last year. If Grubbs can do with Milroe what he did with Penix, CNC might be correct, because Milroe is a far better athlete than Penix. That said, I still say there’s a 50/50 chance that Milroe is not the starter next season. It’s a lack of mental talent, not physical.

👍🏼

The harder I practice, the luckier I get.