</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Pizza Oven/Griddle
by Buckkiller77. 06/13/24 09:52 AM
CUSTOM 1095 KNIFE FOR SALE
by Skullworks. 06/13/24 08:56 AM
Looking to trade for S&W 500 Performance Center
by Narrow Gap. 06/12/24 09:14 PM
Foodsaver and miscellaneous glue
by James. 06/12/24 07:30 PM
3rd gen Tacoma bed cover
by rkt. 06/12/24 09:16 AM
Serious Deer Talk
New Tracking Rules
by Rainbowstew. 06/12/24 12:47 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 06/10/24 09:45 AM
Feeders and Hogs
by PYhunter. 06/09/24 10:27 AM
Blood Trailing Breeds
by 2 ducks. 06/08/24 07:48 PM
Permission to retrieve deer
by Coosa1. 06/08/24 08:20 AM
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Diamond Mountain Club
by Stoney. 06/09/24 08:30 PM
Hunting Club Jefferson/Tuscaloosa Line
by Austin1. 06/07/24 09:08 PM
Wayne county tn leases
by brushwhacker. 06/05/24 06:13 PM
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Who's Online Now
93 registered members (deadeye, gcr0003, Skillet, Darrylcom, Shaneomac2, CarbonClimber1, Justice, AU coonhunter, abolt300, rockhunter, Whitebone, abamadude, DoubleB, Rem870s2, Okatuppa, mw2015, Hoytdad10, rblaker, Goatkiller, AUHoss79, ts1979flh, bfoote, foldemup, FPPop, bamabeagler, CrappieMan, Multi-Tool, Reaper, Jbf, Fishduck, donia, CNC, crenshawco, outdoorguy88, Longtine, Turkey Petter, canichols424, Whitetaillane, Dixiepatriot, Skullworks, FastXD, clayk, Mully, GrandSlam, trlrdrdave, Backwards cowboy, hallb, Tracker, 3Gs, Bulls eye, cullbuck, Mulcher, desertdog, Buckkiller77, BCLC, dave260rem!, jono23, Brian_C, Vernon Tull, kaferhaus, beeline08, kodiak06, Beer Belly, CRUTCHJD76, dustymac, Tree Dweller, Red Fox, goodman_hunter, TDog93, Woody1, gregnbc, tallapoosa, Mike0360, Andalusia, Jmkiper, Keysbowman, HuntsvilleVol, Jstocks, Ridge Life, JCL, weatherby, geeb1, Driveby, longshot, AU338MAG, twaldrop4, misfire, oldforester, 5 invisible), 416 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: NCPirate] #4059851
01/12/24 08:51 PM
01/12/24 08:51 PM
Tuscaloosa
rackhunter' Offline
8 point
rackhunter'  Offline
8 point
Tuscaloosa
Every summer on Facebook and in this forum there are piles of hunting clubs looking for members, I even had an opening on my place and posted it here. Had a lot of tire kickers that talked a lot but when it came time for the $$$ they vanished. Before I made enough money to lease land I hunted public all over from Oakmulgee mgt area, Eufaula, Barbour mgt area , Choccolocco. If you really want to kill a deer and put in the effort it’s obtainable.

The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind

I love animals...they're delicious
Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: NCPirate] #4060321
01/13/24 04:52 PM
01/13/24 04:52 PM
Montgomery, Alabama
jaredhunts Offline
Puts sugar in his cornbread!
jaredhunts  Offline
Puts sugar in his cornbread!
Montgomery, Alabama
It’s not like it used to be that’s for sure.

It be's that way sometimes.

www.sunpoolcompany.com
Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: FreeStateHunter] #4061456
01/15/24 08:23 AM
01/15/24 08:23 AM
Marshall County
ALMODUX Offline
10 point
ALMODUX  Offline
10 point
Marshall County
Originally Posted by FreeStateHunter
Don’t get frustrated OP. It’s a southern thing. Southerners want to act like we’re all hospitable and everything but we show our true colors when it comes to hunting. Don’t trust nobody, don’t help nobody, always complaining and judging others. It’s unfortunate but that’s how the majority of folks are down here, don’t believe me? Just re-read the comments above.

There’s a REASON southerners CANNOT trust people anymore: because the REST of society/the country went t hell with thieves, idiots, degenerates, and inconsiderates, that have infected everything and abused every trust or hospitality ever shown them. Blame them and timber companies for hunting land policies in the south. Don’t sit there and trash southerners when you don’t know how it USED to be, or why it’s not anymore.

Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: ALMODUX] #4061533
01/15/24 09:50 AM
01/15/24 09:50 AM
Free State of Winston
F
FreeStateHunter Offline
They Call Me Gator 🐊
FreeStateHunter  Offline
They Call Me Gator 🐊
F
Free State of Winston
Originally Posted by ALMODUX
Don’t get frustrated OP. It’s a southern thing. Southerners want to act like we’re all hospitable and everything but we show our true colors when it comes to hunting. Don’t trust nobody, don’t help nobody, always complaining and judging others. It’s unfortunate but that’s how the majority of folks are down here, don’t believe me? Just re-read the comments above.

There’s a REASON southerners CANNOT trust people anymore: because the REST of society/the country went t hell with thieves, idiots, degenerates, and inconsiderates, that have infected everything and abused every trust or hospitality ever shown them. Blame them and timber companies for hunting land policies in the south. Don’t sit there and trash southerners when you don’t know how it USED to be, or why it’s not anymore.

Kid, take a breath. I was born in and lived in the south my entire life, I know exactly what I’m talking about. Obviously that triggered you and I think you need to really understand that. I intended it to be half self deprecating humor and half true. It’s not trashing anyone if it’s true. The civil war ended a long time ago, there’s no groups of people targeting southerners to take advantage of their hospitality. The thieves, idiots, degenerates and inconsiderates are our own people whether we like it or not.

Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: NCPirate] #4061701
01/15/24 12:58 PM
01/15/24 12:58 PM
Boaz,AL
CarbonClimber1 Online content
14 point
CarbonClimber1  Online Content
14 point
Boaz,AL
only thang im good ats killin chit..if i quit..id have to redevelop my mad yoyo skillz

"I dont quit.. And ill fight alone if i have to"
Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: FreeStateHunter] #4062077
01/15/24 08:13 PM
01/15/24 08:13 PM
Marshall County
ALMODUX Offline
10 point
ALMODUX  Offline
10 point
Marshall County

Kid, take a breath. I was born in and lived in the south my entire life, I know exactly what I’m talking about. Obviously that triggered you and I think you need to really understand that. I intended it to be half self deprecating humor and half true. It’s not trashing anyone if it’s true. The civil war ended a long time ago, there’s no groups of people targeting southerners to take advantage of their hospitality. The thieves, idiots, degenerates and inconsiderates are our own people whether we like it or not.

If you had hunted the south for the last 40+ years, I’d think you’d have a better understanding of my post, and not let it ‘trigger’ you. Then again, maybe you’re just trying to tell me you don’t, without just telling me you don’t.

Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: NCPirate] #4062169
01/15/24 09:39 PM
01/15/24 09:39 PM
Central Alabama
MC21 Offline
10 point
MC21  Offline
10 point
Central Alabama
I hope my post didn't come off as dis-respectful I am currently in the same boat about finding a lease. But not having a lease didn't keep me out of the woods and keep me from doing what I love.

Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: FreeStateHunter] #4066050
01/20/24 11:32 AM
01/20/24 11:32 AM
Cullman, Al
N
NCPirate Offline OP
spike
NCPirate  Offline OP
spike
N
Cullman, Al

Thanks for understanding, thing is, I'm 68 and have a few health issues that keep me from traveling too far to a hunt. You're right about the others that are quick to comment negatively/sarcastically, you can tell the ones that are young and fit. I'm not suited to hunt public lands for one reason, been to combat, and I'm leery of public lands where there are a bunch of nuts running around shooting everything that moves. I've been shot at before, it's not a pleasant feeling. I may be overly cautious about hunting solo in areas I am unfamiliar with or have no idea how maay others are out there. If I were able to put a gypsy curse on anyone, it would be the ones who had a smart assed remark for me, I'd like them to be in my shoes/boots to experience things as I do.

A sincere thanks to those who were nice in their comments, hope you had a superb harvest this year.

Last edited by NCPirate; 01/20/24 05:48 PM.
Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: MC21] #4066132
01/20/24 01:41 PM
01/20/24 01:41 PM
Cullman, Al
N
NCPirate Offline OP
spike
NCPirate  Offline OP
spike
N
Cullman, Al
Originally Posted by MC21
If you have not hunted in 3 years and are now giving up on hunting completely because "you cant find land" you probably didn't like hunting that much to begin with. Lots of public land around.

I have hunted in Alabama, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Kentucky, also, while in the Army, Germany. When I was in my last club in Tuscaloosa I'd hunt nearly every day during hunting season. I did not take vacations, go to the beach or the mountains, I saved my vacation time for hunting, made three and four day weekends from November till the season ended in January. You have no idea of what you speak of. You have no idea about my situation these days, so your comment wasn't constructive at all.

Last edited by NCPirate; 01/20/24 01:41 PM.
Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: NCPirate] #4066201
01/20/24 03:37 PM
01/20/24 03:37 PM
Bay Minette, AL
S
scrubbuck Offline
10 point
scrubbuck  Offline
10 point
S
Bay Minette, AL
Originally Posted by NCPirate
If you have not hunted in 3 years and are now giving up on hunting completely because "you cant find land" you probably didn't like hunting that much to begin with. Lots of public land around.

I have hunted in Alabama, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Kentucky, also, while in the Army, Germany. When I was in my last club in Tuscaloosa I'd hunt nearly every day during hunting season. I did not take vacations, go to the beach or the mountains, I saved my vacation time for hunting, made three and four day weekends from November till the season ended in January. You have no idea of what you speak of. You have no idea about my situation these days, so your comment wasn't constructive at all.

Hmmm. Generally clubs want paying members that don’t hunt.

Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: Shaneomac2] #4066353
01/20/24 05:50 PM
01/20/24 05:50 PM
Cullman, Al
N
NCPirate Offline OP
spike
NCPirate  Offline OP
spike
N
Cullman, Al
Originally Posted by Shaneomac2
tough crowd inhere.....

Amen, what a kind, caring, bunch of guys...

Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: scrubbuck] #4066503
01/20/24 08:39 PM
01/20/24 08:39 PM
blount county alabama
I
imadeerhntr Offline
14 point
imadeerhntr  Offline
14 point
I
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by scrubbuck

Facts ^^^^^^^^^^

Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: NCPirate] #4066584
01/20/24 10:06 PM
01/20/24 10:06 PM
Central Alabama
MC21 Offline
10 point
MC21  Offline
10 point
Central Alabama

Well buddy I don’t mean anything by it but you never specified that you had health problems or anything like that so how was I supposed to know? Now that I do know that are you an are that on most WMAS you can contact the wildlife biologist and tell them you have health issues and explain that you are unable to easily walk or get around. If you get a note from your primary care doctor stating that you can apply for a permit from the Wildlife biologist at the WMAS that would allow you to use a UTV to get around instead of having to walk as much.

Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: scrubbuck] #4066603
01/20/24 10:27 PM
01/20/24 10:27 PM
Clanton
Turkey_neck Offline
Booner
Turkey_neck  Offline
Booner
Clanton
Originally Posted by scrubbuck

Hate to be honest and he won’t like it but there’s no way in hell I’d want a person who was gonna hunt 4 days a week in any club I was in let alone ran.

Would walk over a naked woman to get to a gobblin turkey!
Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: Turkey_neck] #4067032
01/21/24 03:28 PM
01/21/24 03:28 PM
ford150man Offline
Old Mossy Horns
ford150man  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Originally Posted by Turkey_neck

Hate to be honest and he won’t like it but there’s no way in hell I’d want a person who was gonna hunt 4 days a week in any club I was in let alone ran.

I agree. I was in a club years ago where we had one guy that was self employed and lived about 10 minutes from the club. Pretty much shut down his home improvement business beginning of bow season through end of gun season. Hunted pretty much every day. Scouted, moved stands, was single so he basically moved into the camp house, etc…. Power bill really went up when he got in the club due to him being there all the time. Fire wood consumption went through the roof. He couldn’t understand why folks weren't happy. He didn’t kill that many deer either but he sure pressured them a lot and cost the club money. He’d bring his brother to town to hunt and his brother would stay for two weeks and argue it was only one hunting trip since he had never left the club property. (Club allowed guests two trips but didn’t specify the number of days.). Was there t against the rules? Technically no but he dang sure wasn’t respectful of anyone else that was. That lasted a couple of seasons and he wasn’t invited back.

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.-Mark Twain
Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: ALMODUX] #4067225
01/21/24 07:15 PM
01/21/24 07:15 PM
Helena
3toe Offline
Talking Turkey
3toe  Offline
Talking Turkey
Helena

Quail hunting with my grandfather and uncle the late 70’s, early 80’s only required you to ask permission to hunt and a handshake. No lease, no daily fee, just good people being generous and good hunters being respectful. I’m just glad I was there to experience it because it’s been gone for a long time.

Re: Giving up Finding place/club to in hunt Cullman- [Re: NCPirate] #4067306
01/21/24 08:30 PM
01/21/24 08:30 PM
Marshall County
ALMODUX Offline
10 point
ALMODUX  Offline
10 point
Marshall County
^^^^THAT’S what I was talking about. I never even heard of a ‘hunting lease’ until at least the mid 80s, and that was my uncle’s place in GA. I hunted quail, rabbits, squirrels, deer, and dove all over 2-3 counties until the 90s, just by asking permission, helping out a landowner, or neighbors that all knew each other. We shut gates, didn’t leave trash, didn’t make ruts in fields, stopped a hunt to take care of someone else’s livestock, shared our take, meals, etc. landowners can’t trust anyone to do that these days, or the land has been inherited by their grandchildren in Atlanta or Chicago, or snapped up by timber companies and most current landowners never heard of ‘family land’….they just moved in from Pennsylvania and bought a mini farm. True ‘southern hospitality’ DOES still exist, but it’s in small pockets that many never heard of and will never go to. I miss hunting west Texas….there’s still some true Texas out there, and it always reminds me of folks when I was a kid around here. I’ve hunted all over the south, other parts of the country, and outside this country….lived in 3-southern states, and hospitality going away is the societal crowding out of rural communities and a few generations of demographic change and parents raising turd bags all over. It’s got nothing to do with there not being hospitable folks around. There’s just too many ‘tards running around that’d take advantage of anything ‘hospitable’.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.