</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Yard sale in Lake View McCalla area
by tombo51. 06/08/24 09:36 AM
Looking for suv for my son
by Bar7Mag. 06/07/24 06:41 PM
F-150 floors mats
by Rem870s2. 06/07/24 04:39 PM
Tundra 1794/Platinum 20” rims
by Smitty4Bama. 06/07/24 04:08 PM
For Sale: 2011 F150 Supercrew Cab
by LetOff. 06/07/24 12:45 PM
Serious Deer Talk
New Tracking Rules
by CNC. 06/08/24 09:45 AM
Permission to retrieve deer
by Coosa1. 06/08/24 08:20 AM
Fawn Predation
by Big Bore. 06/07/24 10:57 PM
Blood Trailing Breeds
by CNC. 06/06/24 06:43 PM
Here you go CNC
by CNC. 06/05/24 09:23 PM
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Club Jefferson/Tuscaloosa Line
by Austin1. 06/07/24 09:08 PM
Wayne county tn leases
by brushwhacker. 06/05/24 06:13 PM
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Iso
by AustinC. 05/21/24 05:01 PM
Who's Online Now
75 registered members (Hoytdad10, CNC, TheVern, Bowfish, sumpter_al, 7PTSPREAD, beRAD, outdoorguy88, Shadyj, Hunting-231, jaydub12, Narrow Gap, ts1979flh, chill, Lonster, Austin1, HOYT3006, Gunner211, hamma, Shmoe, Okatuppa, bamacotton, 1bamashooter, lckrn, mathews prostaff, knock him down, Fattyfireplug, sj22, JohnnyLoco, pvillehunter, Bulls eye, CatfishJunkie, mossyback, catdoctor, fish_blackbass, BobK, bug54, tombo51, KnightRyder, XVIII, Paint Rock 00, booner, bamaeyedoc, jhardy, Atoler, BrentsFX4, lectrode, Chiller, trlrdrdave, Emile, kodiak06, 3Gs, Skullworks, johnv, NotsoBright, woodduck, Hester, Ron A., janiemae, Dixiepatriot, Bustinbeards, znix123, globe, scrubbuck, gbee, HHSyelper, 9 invisible), 748 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Any registered sex offenders near you? [Re: BradB] #4054240
01/05/24 04:54 PM
01/05/24 04:54 PM
North AL
Rainbowstew Offline
4 point
Rainbowstew  Offline
4 point
North AL
Originally Posted by BradB
I used to think that way until my completely innocent best friend got sent off to prison. His only crime was marrying a 10/10 on the Aldeer scale who had two bad seed daughters. It was the most incredible set up imaginable.

That's the stuff nightmares are made of.

Re: Any registered sex offenders near you? [Re: Lonster] #4054280
01/05/24 05:39 PM
01/05/24 05:39 PM
Helena
700ltr308 Offline
8 point
700ltr308  Offline
8 point
Helena
My wife said that it offends her I want sex so much🫢

Re: Any registered sex offenders near you? [Re: BradB] #4054313
01/05/24 06:48 PM
01/05/24 06:48 PM
Marion, Fayette, Lamar, piddli...
Lonster Online content OP
12 point
Lonster  Online Content OP
12 point
Marion, Fayette, Lamar, piddli...
I used to think that way until my completely innocent best friend got sent off to prison. His only crime was marrying a 10/10 on the Aldeer scale who had two bad seed daughters. It was the most incredible set up imaginable.

Was there a trial or did he plead guilty?

Re: Any registered sex offenders near you? [Re: BradB] #4054350
01/05/24 07:55 PM
01/05/24 07:55 PM
lat 34.09 long -86.13
metalmuncher Offline
Old Mossy Horns
metalmuncher  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
lat 34.09 long -86.13

Back when we were doing foster care we had a good friend that was accused by a teenage girl of groping her on several occasions. The girl was removed from their home and an investigation was done.

During this time the couple, both the man and his wife were ostracized by lots of folks, by the DHR, and even by some in their church. Some were saying that she knew stuff was supposedly going on. He was eventually cleared of it but a ton of damage had already been done to both of their reputations.

It seems that it wasn't the first time the girl had made accusations and it wasn't the last time either. Nevermind that a good Christian couple had their reputations ruined just because someone didn't get their way about a cell phone. The couple moved and quit doing foster care over it and I can't blame them.

The thought had occurred to us that accusations could happen to any of us and although we would likely be cleared, that doesn't guarantee our good name would remain through it all. It seems that to many, there is always some doubt and I guess a few actually want you to be guilty.

Re: Any registered sex offenders near you? [Re: metalmuncher] #4054378
01/05/24 08:23 PM
01/05/24 08:23 PM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted by metalmuncher

Back when we were doing foster care we had a good friend that was accused by a teenage girl of groping her on several occasions. The girl was removed from their home and an investigation was done.

During this time the couple, both the man and his wife were ostracized by lots of folks, by the DHR, and even by some in their church. Some were saying that she knew stuff was supposedly going on. He was eventually cleared of it but a ton of damage had already been done to both of their reputations.

It seems that it wasn't the first time the girl had made accusations and it wasn't the last time either. Nevermind that a good Christian couple had their reputations ruined just because someone didn't get their way about a cell phone. The couple moved and quit doing foster care over it and I can't blame them.

The thought had occurred to us that accusations could happen to any of us and although we would likely be cleared, that doesn't guarantee our good name would remain through it all. It seems that to many, there is always some doubt and I guess a few actually want you to be guilty.

Unfortunately, I can see this being the case. I investigated numerous complaints of adults committing inappropriate sexual actions with minors and a lot of them were unfounded. This was often the case in foster care situations because those children are often emotionally damaged. What really made me mad, really mad though , were the cases where custody of the children was an issue and one parent obviously coached the child to say things. This happens more often than you would believe. This was usually easy to spot in a good interview with the alleged victim and sometimes we were able to get them to admit to being coached. Sadly, all we could do was tell the person that was accused of these actions to tell their lawyer to subpoena us (I say us and we because these investigations were almost always done jointly with DHR) if they need witnesses. If I had my way the person that coached the children would have been charged with Child Abuse.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Any registered sex offenders near you? [Re: metalmuncher] #4054387
01/05/24 08:36 PM
01/05/24 08:36 PM
Alabama
canvasback Offline
8 point
canvasback  Offline
8 point
Alabama

That's the other side of the coin. Just being accused of such a serious, sick crime can ruin you.....even if you are innocent. The false accuser should be held accountable.

Re: Any registered sex offenders near you? [Re: jawbone] #4054390
01/05/24 08:51 PM
01/05/24 08:51 PM
lat 34.09 long -86.13
metalmuncher Offline
Old Mossy Horns
metalmuncher  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
lat 34.09 long -86.13
Originally Posted by jawbone

Unfortunately, I can see this being the case. I investigated numerous complaints of adults committing inappropriate sexual actions with minors and a lot of them were unfounded. This was often the case in foster care situations because those children are often emotionally damaged. What really made me mad, really mad though , were the cases where custody of the children was an issue and one parent obviously coached the child to say things. This happens more often than you would believe. This was usually easy to spot in a good interview with the alleged victim and sometimes we were able to get them to admit to being coached. Sadly, all we could do was tell the person that was accused of these actions to tell their lawyer to subpoena us (I say us and we because these investigations were almost always done jointly with DHR) if they need witnesses. If I had my way the person that coached the children would have been charged with Child Abuse.

Yes, I agree with everything you said. Anyone that hasn't worked with these kids, DHR, the Biological parents, law enforcement or all of the above, absolutely wouldn't believe how many of the Biological parents are still abusing the kids in ways most people wouldn't dream about, even while they are in foster care. The majority of the kids were there to begin with because of either parents on drugs or neglect, but some of the parents are just flat out crazy and a good many of their kids have all kinds of emotional conditions and disorders. We've had kids that were cutters, a kid with ODD, a whole myriad of ADHD and ADD issues, kids with suicidal thoughts, etc. Almost all of those kids have very manipulative bio parents.

We were trying to raise a 3yo granddaughter when we decided to quit fostering. We were having to work with some kids with some pretty severe behavioral issues and absolutely weren't going to have that around a 3yo. We have talked about starting back up, but I don't think we have the energy for it now.

It's an emotional roller coaster like no other. There's a lot of joy to be shared, but there are also a lot of sleepless nights and nights that we cried ourselves to sleep.

Re: Any registered sex offenders near you? [Re: metalmuncher] #4054394
01/05/24 09:01 PM
01/05/24 09:01 PM
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted by jawbone

Yes, I agree with everything you said. Anyone that hasn't worked with these kids, DHR, the Biological parents, law enforcement or all of the above, absolutely wouldn't believe how many of the Biological parents are still abusing the kids in ways most people wouldn't dream about, even while they are in foster care. The majority of the kids were there to begin with because of either parents on drugs or neglect, but some of the parents are just flat out crazy and a good many of their kids have all kinds of emotional conditions and disorders. We've had kids that were cutters, a kid with ODD, a whole myriad of ADHD and ADD issues, kids with suicidal thoughts, etc. Almost all of those kids have very manipulative bio parents.

We were trying to raise a 3yo granddaughter when we decided to quit fostering. We were having to work with some kids with some pretty severe behavioral issues and absolutely weren't going to have that around a 3yo. We have talked about starting back up, but I don't think we have the energy for it now.

It's an emotional roller coaster like no other. There's a lot of joy to be shared, but there are also a lot of sleepless nights and nights that we cried ourselves to sleep.

All I can say is bless you, your wife, and all the other foster parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and everyone else that is working hard to give children a good life when they don't have to lift a finger to help but do it for the children.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Any registered sex offenders near you? [Re: Jotjackson] #4057011
01/09/24 06:25 PM
01/09/24 06:25 PM
Somewhere between Jennings and...
H
Huntn2feed5 Offline
8 point
Huntn2feed5  Offline
8 point
H
Somewhere between Jennings and...
Originally Posted by Jotjackson
Originally Posted by Huntn2feed5
Originally Posted by Jotjackson
I work in the Sex Offender unit at our Sheriff’s Office. We oversee 325 in our county. The SORNA law, which is the statue that sex offenders are adjudicated under is extremely complex in nature and covers everything from rape to urinating in public. We oversee the location where they live, where they can work etc. We are a very busy unit in our SO.

How many Deputies are in your unit?

4 PT
We all came back out of retirement to work in this unit.
Great guys to work with.

Jefferson County currently has 2 full time deputies and 1 sergeant.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.