Scout and Huck were able to work together again last night. Brayden (Hucks owner) had a track passed to him that was close to his house. He had not charged his GPS receiver and was going to have to run on lead so I told him I would come help. It was a boys first deer so that always seems to put more pressure on me. We started the track and they lined it out to where the deer had crossed the creek and then 40 yds further, then we were at where they found last blood. We didn't go but 100 yds further or so to where they jumped the deer. Then the chase was on. We continued to about the 1000 yd point to where we saw the deer laying down. I eased up to try and dispatch her but a dog had broke and gotten between us before I could get to it. The deer jumped and ran again. We could tell she was weak, so we just sit there a minute to let things calm down. We then proceeded further to where we found the deer DOA. Total distance was about 1250 yds. Deer was shot through brisket and into top of opposite leg.

Even though it was just a doe, it makes you feel like you recovered a huge buck when its the kids first deer. Late night but well worth it!

Scout and Huck are working well together, recovering 3 for 3 together this season (not counting the verified miss we tracked one night).

https://sharedalbums.b-cdn.net/3a69e058-ecb9-43b9-b221-ffcc6b5a4f91.jpg?class=display