</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Looking to Buy
by Big Bore. 06/10/24 10:03 PM
FS Rem 700 MTN 270 WIN
by Hunt-Fish-231. 06/10/24 06:58 PM
Rem Model Seven LSS 358
by Hunt-Fish-231. 06/10/24 04:54 PM
FS Rem 11-87 Premier 12ga Light Contour
by Hunt-Fish-231. 06/10/24 03:40 PM
2 Tree Loungs Climbing Stands
by BigUncleLeroy. 06/10/24 02:16 PM
Serious Deer Talk
New Tracking Rules
by hawndog. 06/11/24 07:53 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 06/10/24 09:45 AM
Feeders and Hogs
by PYhunter. 06/09/24 10:27 AM
Blood Trailing Breeds
by 2 ducks. 06/08/24 07:48 PM
Permission to retrieve deer
by Coosa1. 06/08/24 08:20 AM
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Diamond Mountain Club
by Stoney. 06/09/24 08:30 PM
Hunting Club Jefferson/Tuscaloosa Line
by Austin1. 06/07/24 09:08 PM
Wayne county tn leases
by brushwhacker. 06/05/24 06:13 PM
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Who's Online Now
109 registered members (Cynical, JHL, Mully, BC, Nightwatchman, Fedex 1, Treelimb, BPI, BCLC, Shaneomac2, jtillery, MTeague, WEMOhunter, 7PTSPREAD, BamaFan64, Stoney, JDW25, Goatkiller, cullbuck, ronfromramer, woodduck, HDS64, pickenstj, k bush, TEM, Lil_Fella, fillmore, hue, Tree Dweller, bamabug, trlrdrdave, jhardy, hawndog, shootnmiss, Rainbowstew, TwentySeven, doublefistful, GomerPyle, robinhedd, straycat, BhamFred, BurningBright, courseup, jaredhunts, RCHRR, Driveby, 3Gs, Tracker, DThrash, Hunting15, Skullworks, Dixiepatriot, CKyleC, WPZJR, aubigmac, Whild_Bill, Johnal3, hamma, Calvin, Dekalb123, Buckwheat, Luxfisher, thayerp81, fur_n_feathers, scrubbuck, JA, bn163, clayk, Dubie, RockFarmer, crenshawco, twaldrop4, crocker, Bustinbeards, doc bar, Overland, Catbird, jchurch, Macon176, .308, Justice, Jweeks, gcr0003, BamaBoHunter, SC53, jlbuc10, Shane99, canichols424, bama_earl, mzzy, William, BigA47, FastXD, Brownitsdown, longshot, Turberville, Turkey, georgiaboy1970, Fishbones, Mike0360, Bows4evr, tombo51, 7 invisible), 621 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Transporting deer across AL state lines.... [Re: jawbone] #4052880
01/03/24 04:31 PM
01/03/24 04:31 PM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
Originally Posted by jawbone
Originally Posted by Frankie
Jawbone . Just to split hairs.... lol

The states , open bag law says . "Animals taken in alabama " wonder how'd that would work out in court if it was taken out of state

Most agencies that work close to state lines have some sort of reciprocal agreement to cover situations like that. Since I worked in the central part of central Alabama, I really don't know how the agreements work, but I know they exist.

Was just a bs question . Some times wording of a law matters though.

Re: Transporting deer across AL state lines.... [Re: wmd] #4052939
01/03/24 05:43 PM
01/03/24 05:43 PM
North AL
AU338MAG Offline
Old Mossy Horns
AU338MAG  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
North AL
Originally Posted by wmd
Originally Posted by Clem
Originally Posted by BhamFred
a LEO cannot stop a vehicle driving down the Interstate without probable cause...like seeing a deer in the bed of a truck. Otherwise not so legal.

A LEO cannot stop a vehicle leaving a bar or establishment merely because the driver left said establishment. Right? Guy walks out at 1 a.m., drives off, cop stops him a mile away to check. That's illegal. They must have legitimate probable cause to stop them.

(side note -- too much bad chit gets done when the LEO makes up something for a stop, but that's a discussion for another post)

How can a GW stop a truck coming from another state just because it's (1) A truck, (2) has mud or camo or a guy in camo, (3) has a covered camper or bed cover, (4) anything OTHER THAN a visible deer, whole, or deer parts in the bed-trailer-other that clearly would be visible?

They can't. Saying, "Oh, a truck coming from Tennessee, they might have a deer so let's check" is not probable cause. It's bullchit, nothing more than a DCNR version of Stop and Frisk, which was and is unconstitutional. It's the same chit they were doing with the roadblocks down in Barbour County a few years ago, checking drivers for licenses and any deer or wildlife "just because we can."

No one will challenge it, though, because they don't have the money, willpower or a "well, it doen't matter so let's all be good conservationists!" mentality.

If they're doing this on 65 and 231, or 72 coming from Mississippi, or any other border point, why aren't they set up and stopping vehicles on Highway 5 near Brent or US 331 or I-20 near Heflin or absolutely any other road in the state? Those trucks MIGHT have a deer in them. If these checkpoints are OK to do on 65 and 231, why aren't they doing them everywhere?

When I have seen them there were Game Wardens on the first I-65 S overpass in AL or in a scissor-lift on 231 on the state line looking down on passing vehicles ... the only vehicles I saw that had been pulled over were open bed pickups.
They might be doing in other places. ADCNR has posted many such pictures over the years of such operations from around the state on various social media outlets that apparently the majority of aldeer folks don't use ... lol.

Bed covers work.

Jus sayin.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe
Re: Transporting deer across AL state lines.... [Re: wmd] #4053016
01/03/24 07:37 PM
01/03/24 07:37 PM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
Originally Posted by wmd
Originally Posted by Clem
Originally Posted by BhamFred
a LEO cannot stop a vehicle driving down the Interstate without probable cause...like seeing a deer in the bed of a truck. Otherwise not so legal.

A LEO cannot stop a vehicle leaving a bar or establishment merely because the driver left said establishment. Right? Guy walks out at 1 a.m., drives off, cop stops him a mile away to check. That's illegal. They must have legitimate probable cause to stop them.

(side note -- too much bad chit gets done when the LEO makes up something for a stop, but that's a discussion for another post)

How can a GW stop a truck coming from another state just because it's (1) A truck, (2) has mud or camo or a guy in camo, (3) has a covered camper or bed cover, (4) anything OTHER THAN a visible deer, whole, or deer parts in the bed-trailer-other that clearly would be visible?

They can't. Saying, "Oh, a truck coming from Tennessee, they might have a deer so let's check" is not probable cause. It's bullchit, nothing more than a DCNR version of Stop and Frisk, which was and is unconstitutional. It's the same chit they were doing with the roadblocks down in Barbour County a few years ago, checking drivers for licenses and any deer or wildlife "just because we can."

No one will challenge it, though, because they don't have the money, willpower or a "well, it doen't matter so let's all be good conservationists!" mentality.

If they're doing this on 65 and 231, or 72 coming from Mississippi, or any other border point, why aren't they set up and stopping vehicles on Highway 5 near Brent or US 331 or I-20 near Heflin or absolutely any other road in the state? Those trucks MIGHT have a deer in them. If these checkpoints are OK to do on 65 and 231, why aren't they doing them everywhere?

When I have seen them there were Game Wardens on the first I-65 S overpass in AL or in a scissor-lift on 231 on the state line looking down on passing vehicles ... the only vehicles I saw that had been pulled over were open bed pickups.
They might be doing in other places. ADCNR has posted many such pictures over the years of such operations from around the state on various social media outlets that apparently the majority of aldeer folks don't use ... lol.

I wonder if they can see a deer if you just throw it in the passenger floorboard? That was an entertaining thread that is due for a resurrection.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Transporting deer across AL state lines.... [Re: CNC] #4053017
01/03/24 07:39 PM
01/03/24 07:39 PM
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
12 point
Semo  Offline
12 point
Georgia and Missouri
Has a regular LEO ever made his living going on peoples property searching for violations of the law. I would guess the community would be up in arms if this was regular practice. But, somehow we have given conservation officers the OK to approach law abiding citizens on their own property (with no evidence of breaking the law) and look into their cars and buildings, set up cameras, and walk and drive anywhere on posted property. We even had one look in our cooler without asking and made me put down a knife while I was skinning a deer ON MY OWN PLACE. It is crazy because you call aboyt trespassers and good luck getting help with that.

Last edited by Semo; 01/03/24 07:40 PM.
Re: Transporting deer across AL state lines.... [Re: Semo] #4053056
01/03/24 08:29 PM
01/03/24 08:29 PM
NOALA
RidgeRanger Offline
8 point
RidgeRanger  Offline
8 point
NOALA
Originally Posted by Semo
Has a regular LEO ever made his living going on peoples property searching for violations of the law. I would guess the community would be up in arms if this was regular practice. But, somehow we have given conservation officers the OK to approach law abiding citizens on their own property (with no evidence of breaking the law) and look into their cars and buildings, set up cameras, and walk and drive anywhere on posted property. We even had one look in our cooler without asking and made me put down a knife while I was skinning a deer ON MY OWN PLACE. It is crazy because you call aboyt trespassers and good luck getting help with that.

The problem with the open field doctrine is that they applied it across the board and it should only have been allowed for exigent circumstances where a serious crime is taking place and there isn't time to get a warrant, not the typical game law violations. The court in Tennessee did a great thing by curtailing this behavior in their game wardens but they did it based on the state constitution. Hopefully it will be upheld on appeal. Outside of the courts, the way to get this changed is thru the legislative process and that could be a tough row to hoe.

Your treatment on your own property is ridiculous. You should raise hell with your state reps.

Re: Transporting deer across state lines.... [Re: CNC] #4053089
01/03/24 09:08 PM
01/03/24 09:08 PM
Hardwoods
B
Bankheadhunter Offline
4 point
Bankheadhunter  Offline
4 point
B
Hardwoods
Democratic DCNR of Alabama. It's all about the money.

Re: Transporting deer across AL state lines.... [Re: RidgeRanger] #4053093
01/03/24 09:11 PM
01/03/24 09:11 PM
Elmore County
Frankie Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Frankie  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Elmore County
Originally Posted by RidgeRanger

The problem with the open field doctrine is that they applied it across the board and it should only have been allowed for exigent circumstances where a serious crime is taking place and there isn't time to get a warrant, not the typical game law violations. The court in Tennessee did a great thing by curtailing this behavior in their game wardens but they did it based on the state constitution. Hopefully it will be upheld on appeal. Outside of the courts, the way to get this changed is thru the legislative process and that could be a tough row to hoe.

Your treatment on your own property is ridiculous. You should raise hell with your state reps.

hell ,,, just check on the rules and laws about living off grid in alabama . they control a lot more than you think about what you can on your land legally

Re: Transporting deer across AL state lines.... [Re: Frankie] #4053105
01/03/24 09:24 PM
01/03/24 09:24 PM
Xroads
B
Backwards cowboy Offline
6 point
Backwards cowboy  Offline
6 point
B
Xroads
Originally Posted by Frankie
Originally Posted by RidgeRanger

hell ,,, just check on the rules and laws about living off grid in alabama . they control a lot more than you think about what you can on your land legally

There's laws about living off the grid? For real?

Re: Transporting deer across AL state lines.... [Re: CNC] #4053204
01/03/24 11:19 PM
01/03/24 11:19 PM
Marion, Fayette, Lamar, piddli...
Lonster Offline
12 point
Lonster  Offline
12 point
Marion, Fayette, Lamar, piddli...
I’ve got news for them, if I’m living off grid then I AM THE LAW.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.