I like Scottsboro, but I’ve lived here all my life. Have no intention to move unless I can convince my wife for us to move to our farm in Skyline- which won’t happen any time soon.

Both have nice golf, and plenty of nice golf within an hour drive, From Huntsville to Mclemore across the Tennessee line. Plenty of nice churches to choose from whether you want a large feel or small feel. Both are growing and getting new things by the day. I’ve saw more commercial growth in Scottsboro over the past 5 years than I have the 30 previous to that. Shopping they are probably about the same. Guntersville is closer to Albertville which has a lot of new things like the amphitheater for concerts and etc, and Guntersville has done more in terms of utilizing their waterfront for commercial allure. I’ve never understood why Scottsboro doesn’t take advantage of some of the waterfront, but it’s probably coming down the pike.

Both are within 45 minutes from anything you would want, in terms of restaurant and nightlife, in Huntsville.

I’m not familiar with the tackle shops around Guntersville, but Scottsboro Tackle on the downtown square had plenty of everything I ever needed when I was in the fishing game. They always keep up with the hot items too. Waterfront Tackle is right in between the two and has plenty to buy, too.

Scottsboro has really, over the past few years, made a concerted effort to revamp the small town life along the downtown square. Seems like every month there is some kind of event or festival going on. And they are only wanting that aspect to grow.

The main separator to me is If you deer and Turkey hunt, Scottsboro and Jackson County would win that category. And if you like a good old fashioned snack before or after the hunt, well, we have Shortys right in the backyard.

The fool tells me his reasons; the wise man persuades me with my own.