I've had it several times and I'm not particularly a fan. I've never cooked it myself, but I probably could figure a way to cook it and make it palatable. Mrs. Irish and I do like lamb, but neither of us has ever had mutton. Lamb has a little gamey taste to us but it's mild and usually adds to the dish if everything is cooked right. We mainly cook lamb burgers, ground lamb shish kebobs (Kofta), lamb chops, Shepherd's Pie and leg of lamb.

We also like goat cheese and again, it's one of those things where the gamey taste adds to the dish. Goat cheese with a sweet topping like preserves is delicious a part of a charcuterie tray.

People say that pork is better than goat, but Mrs. Irish and I are both sensitive to pork that has a swiney taste. We don't care for that at all. That said we eat a good bit of pork. I use ground Italian sausage in my slow cooked ragu sauce and I use ground pork in my chili in addition to or instead of venison and beef quite often. And of course I smoke pork all the time and eat sausage for breakfast.

Getting back to Goat meat, I guess the biggest issue for us has been that it's generally not a tender meat. We have only had it in the Caribbean during our various trips down there, and it may just be the way it was cooked. however it would seem to me that people that cook it all the time would be the folks who know how to cook it.

Beef requires very little seasoning because the flavor is already there and all yo really need a little salt.
Chicken requires a little more seasoning, because there's just not much flavor there to begin with and what is there needs to be enhanced.
Pork requires quite a bit of seasoning because there's not a lot of flavor there and some of the flavors can be a little off-putting.
Goat... I would have to do some research to find out, but it's just not that readily available and I'm not spending the effort to find out when there are the above options available.