Originally Posted by UA Hunter
Originally Posted by abolt300
^^^^ In the event that Bama does beat GA, GA is out completely. GA's strength of schedule is incredibly low this year. Conference champ, head to head win, and tougher schedule all goes in Bama's favor. The problem comes with the fact that Bama is Currently ranked 8th and behind 3 other 1 loss teams. Currently, they feel that Texas, Oregon, and Ohio State are all better teams than Bama. Bama's best chance of getting in, is if they stomp GA, while FSU, TX and Washington all lose and even then its a straight up crap shoot because then, you'll have seven one loss teams to choose from to fill 3 spots. I dont think that the committee values the conference championships as much as they do who they feel will provide the biggest TV audience and advertising draws. In recent years, it seems that some of the playoff decisions are made with $$ being the #1 criteria, instead of getting the 4 best teams on the field. The fact that they still have Bama ranked behind TX, ORE, and OSU should tell you exactly how they view Bama this year. I just think Bama is going to have pray for those 3 to all lose and then pull a straight flush, in order to get in this year. Didnt they lock the SEC champs out completely one year, when everyone knew that the SEC champ could've easily beaten at least 3 of the other 4 playoff teams. I think that was in the BCS days but pretty sure it happened.

6 yrs ago, they took both AL and GA into the playoffs. So the precedence for leaving a major conference champ out, is already set. Who's to say they won't take both OSU and Mich or both Oregon and Washington this year. Some teams need to lose and lose bad, and Bama needs to demolish GA if they want to go this year.

Pretty sure the Big 10 and Pac 12 conference Champs both had two losses that year.

Yeah I think you are right. If Bama beats Georgia, the only team that would have a leg up on them would be an undefeated conference champion or Texas if they win their conference.

You are right Abolt300 they do have them currently ranked behind Texas, Oregon, and Ohio State, but Oregon is going to take care of itself. If they win, Washington would drop. Bama wins, GA would drop. Ohio state wouldn’t even be in the discussion with no conference championship and not beating a top 4 team.

If Bama wins, all and FSU wins, then the committee has an issue. And I think they will pick Texas over Bama to take Georgia’s spot. Unless Bama just dominates Georgia, which we all know isn’t going to happen. It’s either going to be a slugfest or Georgia is going to dominate them. But if Bama wins and FSU stumbles, the committee’s problem solves itself.