Originally Posted by cartervj
Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by sw1002
Someone post up a trail cam pic or any real evidence there is one or has been one in Alabama. You constantly hear about them and people will get fighting mad but they never have any proof. I don't care if we have them or not, I just do not understand why people get so defensive over something that has never been confirmed to my knowledge.

Oh just wait til the black panther guys chime in. At least there is a possibility a wild mountain lion will eventually end up in Bama or it could escape from its sanctuary, but a non existent animal ( black panther) claimer will get defensive.

Black jaguars do exist and look extremely similar to a panther or mtn lion

Do you know how many large cat sanctuaries have been around?
Years ago there was one close to Rogersville. It was well documented and the folks running it found out how expensive it was to feed those big cats. Where’d they end up?

I suspect they died cause the would not do well hunting in Alabam

You can have a black jaguarandi and a black jaguar, neither are of which is a black mountain lion nor are either in our country unless as stated are in a zoo or sanctuary. There are not many escapees from either annually so the odds of seeing either is likely not high and almost impossible for multiple people in different areas to see the same escapee all over the state but hey what do I know maybe they are everywhere just really good at hiding from the millions of cars, millions of hunters, millions of game cameras and millions of houses in Alabama