Originally Posted by jwalker77
You might take off the magnita, clean it up and put it back on there. Ive never heard of one going bad but i guess its possible. Ive also never heard of coils going out repeatedly on one crank. Sounds like you didnt even ru the saw for any amount of time. So the problem is likely happening during the cranking process?

That's along the lines of what I was thinking, but now another chapter in the mystery. smile

I decided to remove the coil and reinstall one more time, but this time I didn't hook up the kill switch and it fired right up. I used it for about 10 minutes and it ran great.

I am suspecting that the whole problem is in the kill switch itself; it's just intermittent and happened to let it work after putting on the new coils. Does that sound right? That makes more sense than the saw somehow destroying coils, and it's apparent that the new coil is ok anyway.

I guess I can rob the kill switch off the XL12, but I'm gonna just run it without one for a while and make sure that's the problem. Thanks again for all the help!

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.