Originally Posted by Irishguy
What BS?

There is arguably no better country to live in than the one we are currently living in right now. You can own pretty much whatever guns you want, you are free to work whatever job you want, you can save however much money you want, you can date and marry whoever you want, no one is going to be able to take your stuff without consequences, you are pretty much free do do whatever you want to do as long as you are not screwing up somebody else's life.

Is the United States perfect? No, but it's 10x better than the alternative. Whichever group is in charge, you can bet that 50% of the population is going to be pissed about it, and maybe that should be the way it works.

I find it ironic that there are people living in the greatest country in the World are talking about some kind of revolution. People born and raised in America don't know what oppression is, they don't know what chitty living conditions are, they don't know just how chitty a government can be. There is a reason that people all over the World are literally dying to get in here.

If you grabbed up your little AR-15 tomorrow and said, "I'm going to lead the revolution!" 99.99999% of the people are going to look at you and say, "That mutherfracker is crazy!"

If people want to change the World, look inward and work on changing themselves for the better first.

I think standing up to what is happening in this country can be done in non-violent and legal ways. Standing up doesn't only mean violence and grabbing a gun.
I watch all the corruption going on involving the FBI, CIA, NSA, Whitehouse, DOJ etc which has risen to levels that I have never seen before in my lifetime.
I remember when "Watergate" was a huge deal and it pales in comparison to what we see daily in our country now. I think this is the BS the op was referring to.

I do think that voting alone isn't going to change things at this point. Unfortunately trying to get a massive coordinated effort that would be effective probably isn't going to happen and the slippery slope we are on will continue.

Without a doubt this is the best country to live in and we are truly blessed to be here, but there is also no doubt that we are headed in the wrong direction and a course change is desperately needed to keep our country great.

"If you are the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"

"How you do Anything, is how you do Everything"

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"