I don’t think we need a government incentive to trap, nor do I think we need a government incentive to manage property for timber production. Many of the NRCS programs are detrimental to turkey and wildlife production in general. Clear cut, establish fire breaks, burn, spray chemicals to suppress growth of anything that would compete with pines until they get established, plant pines close enough together that they shade out all undergrowth after just a few years. Let the landowner pay for trapping, burning and timber establishment if that’s what they want. Take the government out of the equation and there’ll be turkeys and timber scattered all over the state instead of thousands of acres of monoculture pine desert. Trapping helps, burning helps, thinning helps, food plots help as well as other things, but it needs to be done on a voluntary basis. I’m surprised no one has mentioned the huge increase in the last 20 years in the spreading of chicken litter on farm and pasture land across the state. Maybe we could get the government to incentivize Alabama farmers for not using chicken litter or force them to sell it to other states.