All I can add to this thread is my small experience I have with managing land for turkeys. I joined a club that had very few turkeys on it about 3-4 years ago. 2,800 acres in Conecuh county. When I say very few I mean the deer hunters might see a few during deer season and you might hear
1 or 2 gobblers on a spring morning. Hardly any gobbling on the ground. Very few tracks. We started trapping coons. Killed something like 175 coons the first year. We’ve been trapping the last 3 years only around deer feeders and in patches. Not even hitting the creeks in the woods at all. Just the convenient spots we can drive the truck up to. Then 2 years ago I started trapping coyotes. Killed 8 the first year. Haven’t got to set this year but another guy has trapped a few already.
The Turkey population has grown every year and we had more turkeys this year than they have had in the last 25 years since they started hunting there. Usually 2-4 guys hunt it and they kill 1-2 gobblers a year. Last year we killed 3 and this year we killed 4 and had plenty more on camera strutting with hens after the season. I firmly believe if you want to affect the turkey population, trap coons and possums first, then coyotes. Also kill as many crows as you can.

That’s just my limited experience managing for turkeys.