Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

I'm curious as to how it's going without any rules this season? I would suspect that it's not getting much hunting pressure by this point of the season.

I've been in several clubs over the years with similar ratios of land and turkey hunters. I thought the best approach was to just be first come first serve without any rules. Members were told to park their vehicle so it could easily be seen and if someone beats you there, go somewhere else. One wise guy parked an old car at his favorite spot and left it there, but everyone soon figured it out and ignored it.

A different club decided to require members to sign in for an area on Saturday, but just go where you wanted during the week. That worked reasonably well.

The bad thing about requiring turkey hunters to sign out an area is that if you don't hear a turkey, you wanna go somewhere else. People will understand that they can't on a crowded club, but if you are the only hunter on a weekday the sign in rule wrecks the hunt, and for no good reason. Most hunters will be respectful of fellow members if they know someone is already in an area. Throw the ones who won't out of the club and keep rules to a minimum would be my advice.

I wouldn't worry about not having enough turkeys for everyone to kill one. If you don't have a lot of turkeys, everyone is not going to kill one. Some will probably kill more than one. No rules will change that, as turkeys are not concerned with fairness.

Good luck figuring it out.

Our lease is comprised of a lot of land of a main road that's accessed by gas well roads. The sign in system for us is to attach a card via carabineer clip to the lock on the gate when you drive in... if someone pulls up to the gate and sees a card, that spot is taken. This system, however, only works if you've got a lot of roads on the property.