It's just so frustrating because it's all rigged. We've been the buying market for a year and a half. We can't find a darn thing that we could buy and me sleep well ever again. I mean I would be stressed forever worrying if my investment would be upside down in a year or 2. Even with interest rates creeping up, the inventory is still low and properties are selling at a premium. At least where we want to live (Elmore county). For example, a home hit the market last week. 2100s/f with 3B/2.5bath on 14 acres with a nice metal building big enough for a tractor, a big 5th wheel, and all kinds of stuff with room to spare. I loved it. Totally fenced and gate at the entrance. $425K. I called just to look at it and see what it was about. The sellers accepted an offer yesterday. I don't know what it was but based on what I've seen, they probably got asking price for it.

What leaves me shaking my head is that in 2016 that home could not sell it for 309K. Dropped the price and it sold in February 2017 for about 260K (I don't know if the barn was on it then or not). Anyway, in 6 years you're telling me that property and home has really increased 60% in value??? My other question is this: How is a bank looking at this and it getting apprasied for that price. OR is the bank saying it's only worth 350K and we'll lend you this but the buyers have made a pile of $$$ and can put the rest down on the home. Either way, I just can in my mind square how this is going to continue. We need a new home desperately but I just can't pull the trigger on spending that kind of money for that at this phase of my life. I'd never sleep well again and I damn sure would never be able to retire...ever.

Sorry. Rant over....for now.

AKA: “Dr. B”
Aldeer #121
8-3-2000
Proud alum of AUM, UAB, and UA
Member of Team 10 Point
2023-2024 ALdeer Deer Contest Winners

Glennis Jerome "Jerry" Harris
1938-2017
UGA Class of 1960
BS/MS Forestry
LTJG, USNR