Originally Posted by twaldrop4
Originally Posted by Lockjaw
Originally Posted by kodiak06
Originally Posted by Lockjaw
These seemed like really good camera's when they first came out, but I have decided I don't to much care for them.

They do not run long on alkaline batteries either. It's rough when you put 12 batteries in a camera and it runs for a month or two and stops. I'd be inclined to use their recharable battery and try it out, except that is for the new version camera. If I have to spend $70 bucks for the solar charger, why not just cut my losses and get a better camera?

How many pics in that time frame? I run alkaline and my batteries are good at least 5mos minimum but, there's no bait piles in front of them.
A so-so cell signal is typically the cause of poor battery life.

I don't know, it varies depending on where I have the camera. Some might only take 100 or so. Others maybe 500. I have gone out and put brand new batteries in it and the thing say it was less than 100%. They don't transmit all the pics they take either. Just like spypoints. If I am paying you $12/mo for cellular and running 6 cameras, I would like to see all my pics. Especially during the rut. They also don't send videos.

On regular alkaline batteries mine will run for several months and take over 1000 pictures. If I put them on a feeder they burn up batteries quicker but they’re taking 3x the picture also.

If your not getting all the pics you’re using the wrong sd card. I have 12 of them and run them 9+ months a year(and have for about 3 years now) and have 0 of the issues you describe.

They all have scan disk extreme ones, u3 or whatever their specs call for. I have never gotten all my pics on any cellular cam. They also don't send videos.

I have issues all the time. I talked to their rep at BPS saturday and tried 2 of their rechargeable batteries to see if that helped. Went out and installed them and one of the camera's wouldn't detect a signal. Had to pull the sim card out and rub it on my shirt to fix that. It just seems like no matter what I do with them, they run for a while, and then start acting up. They also will show a good signal one day and a bad one the next. I had far less issues out of my spypoint, but it didn't send me all the pics either.

Maybe my lease is some super top secreat alien landing site.