Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

Did you read the study that documented that increase in nesting success, or just hear him say it? I would really appreciate a link to it, if you have one. I remember being frustrated by the fact that I couldn't read the actual study that was referenced when SC made those changes. All I was able to find was a few charts and their summary, though I would say that SC did refer to research a lot more than any of the other states that made changes. Thanks for any help with it.

I have always thought that it should be relatively easy for research to document the improvement in poult recruitment on unhunted land vs hunted land. They do poult counts in multiple places every year. There should be tens of thousands of data points from every state over decades that should document that there is a difference, and make an estimate as to how much it is.

He didn't mention the results that you heard about, so I would really like to read it.

As would I. I have been trying to get something on it on google scholar but nothing like he is quoting comes up.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine