Originally Posted by coach2
Originally Posted by daylate
This thread is actually fun for me no matter who is right. Take a look at this 8 pt (with 1 kicker) that has already been scored and let's see what you guys come up with. He is not meant to compare to the OP deer at all. EDIT: You have to know that where this deer is from, a buck's ears are about 7" long and 18" tip to tip. Also, this is not a funky camera trick photo and the hunter is 6'2", 210 lbs. The deer is exactly the same weight as the hunter.

[Linked Image]

Heck of a deer 143 for me!!! Tough to tell with straight on picture if you ask me! But a stud!

Very good estimate. The kicker is actually scored as another tine with a common base and is 7". The actual gross green score was 147.5. My point of posting the picture was to show what a 140 basic 8 looks like, which he is minus the extra tine coming off the right 2. Most people who had this deer in their hands guessed him in the mid 150s because he looks big with the mass and spread he has. I love a big 8. A 140 8 is every bit as impressive as a 160 10 to me. Score doesn't matter a lot of times.

Last edited by daylate; 02/04/23 10:41 AM.