Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Originally Posted by Mbrock
Originally Posted by Goatkiller
We are talking about symmetrical deer.

Explain to me exactly how I'm wrong:

120 inch deer = Something like 16 spread, 20 inch mains and 8 inch G2s.

This is a math. I am 100% correct. If mass is 3-3.5 you are going to score lower but 8" G2s = small deer.

If you can't shoot that you have problems that's a 3 year old deer anywhere in AL - IMO.

A 16” spread 20” beam 8” G2 is not an average 3 yr old anywhere in this state. That’s an exceptional 3 year old that has loads of potential.
I’ve got plenty of data to prove it. Average inside spread for mature bucks(those 4+) in ALL parts of AL is less than 16”. It’s actually 13.5-15” depending on location. Average beam length is 19-20” for 4+ year olds. Average B&C gross score is less than 120”. Considerably less in areas. A symmetrical 120” 4x4 is a very nice deer in AL and I know multiple ppl who have never killed one despite hunting hard and they’re not idiots. A 130” is a GREAT deer. A 140” in this state is a deer of a lifetime for most.

The deer in question is well above average. His bases are in excess of 5” and he carries it well. That buck can’t score any less than 137” no matter how I figure it, and I score a ton of bucks every year. I’ll be shocked and apologize if I’m wrong but I see a 137-142” slick 8 in those pics.

Yep.

Share the data then. And nobody has said anything about an 3 year old averaging 120 either. The conversation is mature deer. That is not a 3 year old.

I would say you don't have the data because I don't see many deer make it to 5 yrs around here...... BUT if you do have data on deer by age send it to me. I would love to see the 5+ data because that's what is relevant to this conversation.

Deer in first picture is way over 120. Nice deer.

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.