Originally Posted by gobbler
. Where should the research focus? Or should we just say there isn't anything we can do?

That’s a really good question. I don’t think hunters ever wrestle with it or truly think it out. We may just need a breakthrough or new information that is being overlooked - or possibly even covered up - for whatever reason.

My idea on burning - yes, you can study all kinds of things related to burning - timing, soil type, local vegetation, etc, etc. At the end of the day, it’s mostly beneficial in some way if done as a patchwork. I’m all for it. But how do you get it done in more places, more often. That’s the real challenge. We keep popping up houses and roads all over the countryside, and lawyers aren’t going anywhere anytime soon I don’t suppose.

Predator control. Absolutely. More the better, and that’s obvious. How do you encourage more and more and more - and then after that - get some more people involved.

I don’t have the answers and I realize studies are necessary. I also realize some studies won’t solve anything, and maybe that’s ok, maybe not.