Originally Posted by Physiksgeek
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by Physiksgeek
I have the LVS32. Feel like my view/clarity can change with the sun, after a good rain and certainly in shallow water. I don't fidget with it anymore. I run it between 68-72'ish gain. As long as I can see my jig in close proximity to the fish.....I run with it.

Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher

Sounds like you have everything setup very well. I think it's normal to get a better picture in deeper water; at least mine does the same. I've also found that I get a much better picture in a clear lake like Harris or Martin than a place like Millers Ferry. There is probably a way to adjust it to make up for the difference, but I am still figuring it out. Seeing the fish isn't a problem, but finding my bait sometimes is, especially further from the boat. Mine is the 32 and everything I've read says that the 34 that you have is better, so maybe it won't be much of an issue for you.

The worst problem I have with it is that it's killing my neck and back to be looking down at that thing for so long. I ordered a Beatdown mount that will get it up to eye level and hopefully take care of that, but don't have it yet.

Last time I went bass fishing I decided to fish shallow and ignore the LS, but a couple of hours of not catching much and I was back to video fishing and caught a decent bunch. Good luck with it

If you are going to take the plunge.....the pain is real...lol..this is the best advice and mount for helping with that. Sitting in a seat its just a head turn. Bonus.....it rotates out of the way up front so running down the lake is safer.

You have one? I read about it on another forum, looked it up, and decided I had to have one. I've never actually seen one; is it stable in the up position? My boat only runs 30, and I'm wondering if I can leave it in the up position when using the outboard or if I gotta let it down each time.
I

I have the triple stack cause I wanted my head units side by side and not stacked. It is very solid. I have a routine so I don't leave it up when traveling most times unless I am not going very far. The main reason I got it was for the neck strain but would not have an issue of running with it up. The fact it rotates is what finally sold me on it since real estate is at a premium up front. Rotating it allows me to mount it where it is and still bring in the ulterra but more importantly it lets me tuck in behind the center console and still see when its a chilly 17 degrees in the morning. Otherwise....for safety reasons I would have to stand and that meant I would get to enjoy the full brunt of the the days weather.

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/dbV8eHYWeuxVrfcG7[/img]

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZXpsvwQFAhgRAXVv9[/img]

Thanks for the pics and info, that's a really nice setup! I think I am going to like getting one on my boat.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.