Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
I've noticed things like that when over a soft bottom. I believe that a mud bottom doesn't return the signal so well and it just washes out. I'm sure there is a way to compensate, but I am not sure of the best adjustment. I hope Garmin can help; their tech support is better than most companies.

Originally Posted by Ben2

Happens on occasion turn off and back on usually resolves it

PCP, mine does it every time I use it. And Ben, yes I've noticed that, but sometimes it takes a couple of times to fix it. I have a toggle switch on my black box that I turn off between fishing trips. I did that to try to keep it from eating batteries. I don't remember it doing this prior to me installing the toggle switch, but it could have.
gi
Do either of y'all, or anyone else know if doing updates to the unit also update things in the black box? Garmin stopped offering updates for the original 93SV that I had. I bought a new 10 something at Thanksgiving, thinking that would fix all my issues, but it didn't.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14