Originally Posted by metalmuncher
Originally Posted by 2Dogs

I had a small buck try every way he could to breed a dead doe I'd shot .

I had the same thing happen. 5 minutes after I had shot the doe a spike came up and spent probably 15-20 minutes trying every way possible to mount her. He would paw at her several times then pace back and forth around her rear half. Paw and kick dirt around and stand over her while lowering his back end. I'll bet he circled her 25 times but spent more time around her back end.

When it started getting dark I climbed down from the ladder stand I was in and as my feet hit the ground and I spun around he was still 30 yards away standing over her and not paying me any nevermind. He finally hopped over to the edge of the field when I got within about 15 yards then stood and watched until I was standing over her myself. I was starting to wonder if he wanted to fight my 25.06. He finally moved on and It almost looked like someone had ran a garden tiller around her where he had pawed the ground so much.

That doesn't sound much different than people. What would a teenage boy do if beautiful woman dropped dead right in front of him? He would try to hump it, but have no idea what to do lol.