Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Ha! You boys gonna waste a drive. It ain’t rained a thimble full here. That place requires a lot of rain in order to have ANY water. I’ve hunted every zone on the place spanning every year it’s been available and this year I highly doubt it’ll have any water unless something changes. I hunted last year the second week of January and it barely had water then. It froze over bad that day and their were zero ducks.

Hevi is spot on. Place is a joke unless we’ve had stupid amounts of rain. I was told last year they were “going to start looking at different options to manually get water on the area in the future.” I got drawn last year for mid December and there was zero water. Had I guess probably about as many “preference points” as you could have. Was told I would retain my points since there was no water. When I registered this year I’d lost every one of them SOB’s for accepting the hunt last year.

Had a buddy apply and get drawn for uchee creek this year. Looking at the map I guess the northern end of the SOA may have some bottoms that flood when we’ve had a pile of rain? Even with the recent rain we’ve had I’m guessing that place will be a joke too and he’ll be wasting his time unless we get a pile of rain in the next month, but maybe I’m wrong.