Originally Posted by deerchop
Went on a hunt at Oakmulgee back years ago. Went to the check in station that morning and it was packed. I just so happened to ask the wardens if they had ever had an accient there and he said never. I was used to hunting coosa and this was my first time there. 30 minutes later me and my friend parked, he headed up a logging road and I kind of quartered off through the woods. Maybe a hundred yeards in I heard a shot close so I just sat down, still in sight of the truck.

I saw my friend a few minutes later get back in the truck and leave, I thought what the hell. I didn't know what to do. A good bit later as I sat there he pulled back up with 2 wardens and they opened the gate and went down the old road. My friend had found a man shot in the road and I guess the shot I heard was it. He was gasping when he found him but dead when he returned with help. They took my friends gun and had it tested and we both had to go to the sherrifs office to be questioned. Last time I sat foot in a refuge to deer hunt. I never did find out what happened to him or who shot him.

Can't be topped. Congrats on your win