I don't know about it being so dangerous as being scared. I would say being lost in the woods coon hunting one night when the light went dead (I was about 12 or 13). Ended up walking about an hour or so downhill to the highway - where eventually my uncle picked me up. I could hear him calling and honking, but he couldn't determine where I was when I was yelling. The crazy thing is - the dogs returned straight to him, if I would/could have kept up with the dogs, I would have walked straight to him. The only reason he went back to the highway was to go and get other family members to come look for me. He was pissed and I wasn't overly happy myself.

I guess the only other times I was very concerned was when what I believed to be a pack of coyotes (although we did have several wild dogs in the area) walked me out of the woods. It's the only time in my life I considered firing a blind shot into the woods at a sound. It was one of those walk out with the light held next to the stock and scan everything moments.

I wouldn't say dangerous or scared, but had a coon grab my shoulder when he was "scooting" down a tree while I was in a ladder stand. I think it shook both of us up pretty good, when I snapped my head around we were looking pretty looking much other eye-to-eye - thankfully, he/she decided to continue scooting down the tree. It took me a few minutes for my heartrate to drop below 200-bpm.

"The struggle you're in today, is developing the strength you need for tomorrow."