Twitter definitely has some usefulness, but it's most practically used on a mobile device. I never log on from home to read them. I check them periodically throughout the day.

To explain it to those that don't know, it's basically a text message. In order to get this message you have to select who you want to get them from (aka "follow" them). For instance, I mostly follow sports reporters. I follow Forde, Greg Doyel from CBS, Tony Barnhardt, Finebaum and several others. With Finebaum, he "tweets" the interesting or informative stuff that his invited guests have to say. This way, I get all the good stuff from his show without having to listen to the garbage. With the others, you get interesting updates on stuff as it's happening rather than waiting to watch the 6pm news.

Sure, 13 year old girls probably use it to tell anyone that cares what they plan to wear each day, but it has far more uses than that. If you don't follow morons, you don't get the moronic stuff. You guys are just old curmudgeons.

"When there was no fowl, we ate crawdad, when there was no crawdad, we ate sand."

"YOU ATE SAND!" - Raising Arizona