Originally Posted by Joe4majors
Originally Posted by Mully
Originally Posted by Joe4majors
Originally Posted by buzzard
No disrespect but they are not putting regular oats, wheat and rye into the blends we are using. If they were then I wouldn't be buying it and would buy my own and make it as we did before.
We have compared their blend with the old way of us making our own and theirs has outperformed our old blends hands down. That's on our soils so I know yours may differ. It's easier for me to buy theirs as apposed to me spending my time and money finding awnless Wheat, black oats, specific clovers, etc.
Our fields used to be eaten down to nothing (putting greens) and deer numbers were fair on them. Since going with their triticale, black oats and clover blend we not only see more deer we also are producing 2-3x the biomass then we were before. Again, these are OUR results. The triticale and black oats will never not be planted on our property again. We tried to order these seeds separate and make our own but once we factored in the cost for each, buying from different retailers, etc. it came out to roughly the same price to have them do the mix and us just buy it already done and we dont have the hassle of putting it all together.
I will agree that most buck on bag mixes out there are all the same and can be done on your own. WMS from what we have seen is the exception to that rule.

Eagle Seed soybeans are also on a different level than just any ol’ soybean. No experience with their other seeds, but I would guess you get what you pay for.

Follow Mark Buxton on facebook and he will disagree with all this. That being said he has 7 days a week and unlimited funds it seems to work on peoples properties so that helps for sure.

Mark is an idiot and a jerk.

I agree he is certainly a nut job. I am sure if I made a living doing what he has been doing for all these years I could probably replicate these same plot results.