Originally Posted by Irishguy
My suggestions in no particular order...

1. Stay somewhere in the historic district so you guys can walk everywhere and take comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
2. Huey's for breakfast at least once and order some Beignets for dessert with their Carmel sauce. (Don't wear dark clothes.)
3. Vic's on the River for dinner at least one night. There's a cool hand drawn map on one of the walls that General Sherman's officers drew of their march. It's highly inaccurate, but a fascinating piece of history.
4. Take one of the little bus tours first off so you can get some of the history and places and know where you want to come back and check out in more detail.
5. Go spend a few hours at Bonaventure Cemetery. Seriously... Yes a cemetery. It's a really cool place if you like history. Some of the statuary is amazing. It's a very shaded place too, with giant oaks and Spanish moss.
6. Spend some time just walking around the historic district checking out the old buildings and architecture, the many town squares, vintage book shops, etc...
7. Mrs. Irish and I took our bikes one year and did a bike pup crawl by biking from one Irish pub to another and there are quite a few Irish Pubs in Savannah. I had a Guinness at everyone of them and still made it home.
8. Eat at Mrs. Wilkes for lunch one day. There's usually a wait, but it's good food.

This. I would add that The Cotton Exchange on the River walk is pretty good too. If you don't already have a room, The River Street Inn is cool. Nice and historic and very convenient.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.