Ben all I have trapped is coon and possums on this property. When I say a few I mean it did not have a huntable population on it when I moved back home. I'm not sure how long it was like that. I do know my best friend did allow another mutual friend and his son to turkey hunt during my absence. I was in Alabaster for 10 years and the turkey management suffered in my absence. Those guys that got to hunt were of the type that take and don't do anything to help the population. Add another neighbor into the mix with the same mindset along with the predator numbers and that might have led to the decline.

This is private land that I have some say into what takes place on it. The only thing I have done is plant 1.5 acres chufa, burn the planted pines every 3 years and plant some/maintain 2 acres of Yuchi arrowleaf clover. The hens on this property absolutely love to nest in this two acre clover plot. It is thick by the time they start nesting, it's full of grass hoppers and offers a readily available food source for the nesting hen. She doesn't have to leave or go far to get some food.

The habitat is mostly hardwood that is on the wet side. Lots of water oak and whiteoak but in my opinion it has thicker understory. There has been some timber harvest over the years by the neighbors but nothing on this place in 20+ years.

I say you are doing a solid job on your property from what I know. There are other factors that is still contributing to poor poult production on your place. What that might be, who knows. I will say one of those hens appears to be a young jenny (middle pic) and they don't typically hatch a clutch.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life.
Comes to us at midnight very clean.
It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."