Originally Posted by AlabamaSwamper
We aren’t happy about the delayed season

Everyone I know has just given up on ever having a decent population again and really don’t care what they do at this point.

The only thing the TWRA screwed up on was not listening to us 10 years ago. The fall season didn’t hurt anything. I only know two people that hunted in the fall and neither killed hens.

I haven't hunted there in several years, so I'm sure you know more about it than me. But whether folks hunted in the fall or not, the message that the TWRA sent to hunters was that they had an unlimited supply of turkeys and you couldn't possibly kill too many. I had a conversation with a TN hillbilly on the border of one of my clubs and that was sure his attitude. I don't know if there are still turkeys around there or not, but even back then there weren't as many turkeys as the places I hunt in AL.

There was no reason to allow anyone to kill a hen period with the population they had. Letting folks kill 6 a day was criminal. I was in a club with a guy who absolutely murdered them in the fall using dogs. He would hunt with several other guys and they could wipe out a flock and put the picture on the internet.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.