I am sorry but if you guys think decoys are the problem I have to laugh. They use them all over the country. And have no problem.

Around here they see them, they turn and head the other way. I dont use them myself. I think I used them twice this year. And when a henned up dominant gobbler saw them in a big pasture he turned and walked back into the swamp. Same experience my neighbors have had.

The second time I used them same thing and I had to run out and grab them and stuff them back into my vest. Yeah...Dominant gobblers just leave a bunch of hens and run into them. And risk losing all their hens? That is just silly.

The problem is ONLY LEGAL HUNTERS did not hunt March 20th. Heck we were chasing trespassing poachers here on March darn 2nd and Yall think decoys are the problem?

The problem in Alabama is POACHERS, out of season hunting, as in March 1st or when deer season ends and the ENDLESS amount of bait in the Alabama woods.

Sorry to tell you, but I am not from Bama and but have lived here 21 years. This is the most bait slinging state I have ever seen when and where bait is illegal. And I have hunted all over this country. Sorry but it is the truth. I know people doing burns and they say the woods is littered with bait. They hunted on me. I told them finnd some bait Ill sign you over my darn truck title. And it is a nice truck!

It is ridiculous. If you had a bunch of gobblers until you pulled your feeders and stopped feeding 20 days before the season, than lost them all...well yall know why.

I know why and hunt accordingly. My neighbors pour it to them and I hunt 35 yards from their line and pull the birds across or if they roosted on me headed to their piles I'm between them. And I own a ton of land. Why dont I hunt the rest. The turkeys are no longer there. They are concentrated around the neighbors bait. I am sorry but it is true.

Do I know the bait is there? No..I dont trespass. But when I see folks driving around at noon in a side by side with a big darn blue barrel in the back of their UTV or four red and white bags labeled WILD BIRD SEED I can put two and two together. slap

All my first three gobblers came from hunting different property lines of my neighbors as once we pulled our feeders all the gobblers were gobbling from 4 spots. All where I suspect neighbors feed.

If Fish and Game REALLY wanted to make a dam difference, instead of WASTING millions of tax payers dollars on stupid theories and study they would instead hire 20 new wardens and address the poaching, baiting and out of season hunting problems. That is what is actually killing Alabamas turkeys. And they do not even have close enough Wardens to address it. They are all over worked and under paid.

One ex F and G employee I know told me someone was telling him how he and one friend shot 17 gobblers while sitting together! And Yall think a decoy is the problem? SMDH! slap

The people with No limits, no seasons and no dam scruples are the problem. Stop the nonsense about decoys or dominant gobblers and try addressing reality.

Sorry rant and REALITY CHECK over.

Last edited by Here4fun; 05/09/22 06:57 PM.