Originally Posted by turkey247
Originally Posted by BCLC
Originally Posted by CNC
Something about the last map that I think is probably pretty important to point out is that Jackson Co likely has one of the very latest spring green up dates of any county due to being in the northern most part of the state PLUS having some of the highest elevations……So that means that our traditional starting dates of March 15th in relation to spring green up is the earliest in that county than just about any other….It would be about the equivalent of starting the season in Mobile and Baldwin counties in late Feb………yet Jackson Co has always had one of the best turkey populations in the state. This tells me that the early hunting hasn’t been detrimental to their population density….Therefore, backing up the starting date in south Alabama to March 10 or even March 1 shouldn't be detrimental either……It’s other factors that need to be addressed for population issues.

That makes a lot more sense than I thought it would. Well said and thought out. Let’s see what the haters have to say 🤣

It’s almost like AL needs zoned openers based on incredibly diverse lands/climate from south to north. Never thought of that………

rofl

I never disagreed with you

We’re not dead. We just smell that way. Dayum. - AC870

Yessir! I’m always gonna shoot what makes me happy and I want everyone else to do the same! If you shoot one be proud of it and don’t worry what anyone else thinks. - SJ22