Originally Posted by zgobbler5
Spot on bamaguitar. Done every bit of that except the decoys. I just don't use them. I've hunted A LOT of public land over the years and you just about have to cut them off. There are times to get aggressive, but more times than not it is what you just described.

I also agree on your philosophy of shotguns and patterns. Too tight of a pattern can hurt you. Get him within 40 yds or closer. I like it. Great tips!

thx man - i learned to “like” silent birds from the start - my 1st bird never said a word ... most times when i go out w/new turkey hunters, i spend the majority of my time “breaking” them from wanting to hear gobbling ...

YouTube, in more ways than one, has ruined turkey hunters - at least AL hunters - ole Sawbriar posted a hunt w/a bow & i nearly fainted at how his birds acted! 🤣😂😃 mine dont do that much at all ... like i told a buddy, my birds usually come in like a prostitute at a police convention!

Last edited by BamaGuitarDude; 04/26/22 02:29 PM.

ALDeer physics: for every opinion, there's an equal & opposite opinion

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.