Originally Posted by JustHunt
Originally Posted by Lockjaw
Well I have a 4wd, and it was very helpful when I was getting ag lime at the quarry, and dropping it off at the hunting club. And I use to to pull my tractor sometimes, but more often then not, I just take my old 2wd Tundra instead.

I am more a fan of the 4wd when pulling into traffic when its raining. In 2wd that really isn't an option unless you got a wide gap, with 4wd its not a problem at all. And if it snows no biggie either. I just don't want to get it all scratched up when I already have a truck that is scatched up. But to each his own.

I don’t understand….. are you saying you put your truck in 4wd in the rain on concrete/asphalt to pull out into traffic?

Yes sir! If I don't, trying to pull out into rush hour traffic on 280 is like waiting for paint to dry. Owners manual says it drive it in 4wd 10 miles a month. So when its wet, and I want to get out in traffic, into 4wd high it goes, and then I can stand on it and jump right out and not worry with sitting and spinning.

You should try it if you haven't. Beats sitting and waiting for an opening that is 3 football fields long to keep from spinning and fishtailing all over the place.