One of the first questions you are going to want to ask yourself is...... "To what degree of accuracy do I need?"......Do I need it to know the average height down to the nearest millimeter or is to the closest inch good enough??......Or is even a ballpark estimate good enough information for what I may be using it for, in this case we may say to the closest inch, give or take an inch on either side.

So from a starting point here with wildlife we are using numbers that are estimates like the last option.....We dont estimate wildlife numbers down to a millimeter scale......We only need it to be "in the ballpark" type of measurement. In our height scenario the actual average height of the group may be 5 foot and 7.24 inches......If we have an estimate that tells us the average height is between 5'6 and 5'8 that may be good enough to make decisions by depending on the application. Again though, this is part of what is built in to a sampling equation......How close to "exact" do you need to be?.....That goes into determining how many of the 10,000 we need to sample and measure...

Last edited by CNC; 04/02/22 09:46 AM.

We dont rent pigs