Originally Posted by CNC
I hear you PCP……If the GC numbers are gonna be what is used now to make decisions about the rules though then I think any spike in outlawing may only backfire and make matters worse. Every bird that is illegally killed and not reported simply makes the numbers look worse and makes the decline continue on paper instead of showing a rebound. It will just give them what they need to reduce the limits on down to 3……If they do that I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go to actual tags as well.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. I have reported every turkey I've killed since they started GC, and I got hunter surveys twice when they were using that system, and always reported my 5. If you wanna cheat the system, report MORE than what you killed, not less. smile

I have no idea how many are already hunting, but I am very sure that it's higher than ever. A guy at a retail store just told me about a friend of his who already has 3. And the more land folks control, the less likely it is they will get caught.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.