What I realized over the winter is I need to add something to the pure clover plots. So probably awnless wheat this fall. I also know from soil tests that I don't need potash, so its pretty easy to fertilize them if I use DAP. I have one field this is going to be a PITA on, because I can't get my tractor down into it. Or rather, I can get down, not sure I could get back out. It wouldn't be bad to cut with a weedeater, I have a commerical one with a shoulder strap, but I don't want to be doing that if there is poison ivy in it. Probably have to take dawn and a scrub brush and go over to the creek when I am done if I can't get it killed.

It has a seep in it, so when we get rain, it is wet and drains. What forms around that is a kind of grass like you see around marshy area's. That has been the tough one to control. I may end up having to dig a ditch there to help it drain better. It wasn't noticeable the first year we opened the field up. Also the typical marsh type weeds too. But the clover will be almost a foot tall by June. And it gets hammered.

I really wanted to be on a rotation of peas/beans in the spring, and then broadcast cereals and brassica's into that in the fall, and never disk. Each would provide what the other needed and I would essentially not ever need to add fertilizer. But I don't have enough fields of size to be able to do that. I really probably have 2 I could successfully do that on. If we get cut/thinned this year, and get 2 additional fields like we have been promised, then its possible I would have 4 fields I could do that on. And may. Heck I could come in with sunn hemp and lab lab and make a field a jungle I am sure. But that is to thick to broadcast into, I would have to cut it first. and then the mulch layer would probably be a little to think to broadcast on top of. Unless we were going to get a very heavy rain for a couple days straight.