I can tell you for certain, a flail mower would mulch up what you have there into particles that will decompose easily, but aren't so big or thick to prevent new growth from emerging. I did the bush hog thing the year prior to getting my flail mower, and it cuts fine, but.... I just get a more even and finely mulched material to recycle. I was amazed last year to see what it did to 6 to 8 feet tall sunn hemp. That is a touch stemmed plant when its tall, and it handled it no problem. I wish I could have put seed out first, but it was to thick to try to broadcast into.

I do like turnips and radishes for biomass too. I grew some radishes this year that could have been a whitetail institute video and I see something is eating them too. I think that is also a good forage to plant. Hoping the cereal grains will take off so I can mow them in a month or so and turn that into clover fertilizer.

Then in the fall, I will alter my planting to make sure I have annual clovers to add nitrogen back.

I would love to do a burn on my place, but that would be more to kill sweet gum, and get rid of the pine needles. If there is vegetation growing, and I can knock it down, usually with a bush hog first, then I can mulch whatever grows with the flail mower. By far, I prefer to cut a field with a flail mower. Much smaller particles. And its more evenly distributed. Sort of like throwing seed by hand versus a spreader. The biggest obstacle for a flail mower is running it low and hitting rocks.

I will post some before and after pic's once I start cutting.