Originally Posted by bowtarist
Originally Posted by Fattyfireplug
We have a foster. that court gave back to dope head parents. When she was transitioning to her biological parents home from us, she would cling to us and cry and beg (I mean serious beg) us to go back home with her. It was horrible dropping her off. They'd keep her a few days and send her back to us to babysit for a few weeks, rinse repeat for 18 months. She was 2-3 when this was going on and when she'd realize she was being dropped off no matter what, she'd check out. You could see the blank look in her eyes. She'd punt. She was unable to cope and deal with the abandonment over and over. And God only knows what kind of neglect, abuse and general dumbassery she witnessed there. When we picked her up, it would take her a few hours for the zombie to turn into our beautiful, happy little girl. We've had her back semi-permanent again for the last few months. Lord only knows what kind of issues that trauma is going to manifest as. Right now it's clinginess, repeatedly telling us she wants to stay with us, please don't take me back, etc.. For no reason, she'll just do that. I try to lay with her to get her to sleep and she will reach over and pat my head 40 times to make sure I'm still there.

I don't make judgements on things I know nothing about, but I can sympathize with any human raised as you've described. They pay the bill for the raising they got. Who's to say they wouldn't have turned out sorry anyway, but they never got the chance.
This guys mother should have held his hand with him in the electric chair. She put him on society's radar. She should pay a price as well.

We adopted a little boy last year. Had to go thru the state classes and all. The mentality the state has about trying to reunite the families is dead wrong in my eyes. If a parent can’t make good after the first time, they don’t need to gamble with a child’s well being after that.

The child's well being should be first. I could talk all day about DHR