Reminds me of the Poarch Creek Indians in the Atmore area. There's a county road that runs along their Reservation, Tribal Police are also Deputized through the Sheriff's Office. If you travel north along that county road near the Reservation the Tribal Police write State District Court tickets. If you travel south along that road then you're on the side the Reservation is located on. You're not on reservation and still in county jurisdiction but the Tribal Police write tickets and send them through "Tribal Court".

What most don't know is that if you're non-Indian then Tribal Court has no jurisdiction over you. So, most show up to court and pay their fines. If you don't show up there's nothing the Tribe can do because they can't, Tribal law doesn't apply to non-Indians.

They did that for years but I'm not sure what goes on there now as it's been a minute since I worked in the area.

Romans 8:1-2
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, for the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of Sin and Death"