Originally Posted By: MTeague
Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
Anyone ever used one for deer? The streams are dried up here and the only water is in ponds or a mile or so at the creek. The activity on my summer plots has dropped a considerable amount in the past week, I'm guessing due to lack of a good water source in cover. I have a small 125 gallon stock tank I had thought about putting in the edge of the woods and filling once or twice a week, depending on how much evaporates and how much is used. Getting water to it won't be a problem.
You would be amazed at the water a deer will get from the plants they are eating plus from the dew in the mornings

True although when it's this dry, plants have MUCH less water in them. Especially non woody plants. Take the difference between grass and hay. Same thing, different forms. That's an extreme example, but you get the idea. All animlals also need more water during hot weather.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14