It doesn't have anything to do with MO. MO didn't do anything magical. With the exception of unlimited resources to plant, plant, plant tons of acres! And, I guess that's kinda magical if you can afford to plant that much! MO did nothing outside of normal QDM with the exception of maximizing QDM in "every" respect. Anyone or any hunting club can do what MO did. (Do what MO did in respect to buck harvest rules; not the acres planted as most all clubs can't afford to plant #'s of acres that MO planted. Spoiler is right in his post below!)

Before some QDM naysayers blast QDM and MO... I feel I have to qualify QDM and MO by saying that MO always did the right thing and certainly allowed first time hunters, special needs kids, kids in general, etc... to shoot immature bucks or whatever they wanted. If you were an experienced mature hunter, then you were expected to shoot mature bucks and if a mistake was made, the hunter wasn't given 50 lashes. That's QDM.

Anyway, anyone can QDM and grow big mature bucks but doing it at PL, seemed very productive. I don't think the comments by Spoiler and Elkhunter pertained to all the landowners around PL.

Last edited by Bucktrot; 06/28/12 05:38 PM.